Life is Good.
I feel like I haven't actually made that declaration lately, even though I absolutely know that it is. It's been stressful, but I can see the light at the end of the flux tunnel, and I'm bent on getting there.
I'm back now in a city that should feel more like home than it actually does [granted, I've only been back for a week now]. I'm away from a staff that was more of a family than a job, friends I love, and a boyfriend who is also my best friend and now my greatest source of long-distance moral support. Illinois is a chapter that is closed for now, and I'm back in Ohio where I will hopefully feel more at home very soon. All of that being said, I look at what I have - both here and there - and realize that my life is good. No no. It's GREAT.
My baby girl, my little mini-me, the pint-sized whirlwind that defines my every move: She is healthy, happy, loved by both myself and her dad, even separately. She's smart, kind and discovering her way in this world. I'm back here for her, for the moments like these that I will hold onto forever. I'm here because I'm a mother and there is nothing in this world stronger than the bond between a mother and her child. Nothing. You know that smile - the one that starts in your gut, tingles up your spine, gives you goosebumps and makes your ears tingle before it lights up your entire face? That's the one I get from her, even thinking about the time I'll now have again with my daughter, my carbon copy, my pride and joy. I found these from a mini-shoot we did snuggled in bed one morning a few months back....
![]() |
| ♥ this little girl... the best thing that's ever happened to me. ever. |
I've been doing better, too, about not falling apart over the people I left back in Illinois, specifically my close friends and of course, Rob. I've said it before but I'll say it one more time for the sake of repetition: I really haven't ever been so in-sync with someone. I'm comfortable with him on a level that I never had, with anyone. I trust him, not only where fidelity could be questioned, but I honestly trust him... with my emotions, with my time, and with my deepest thoughts, goals and fears. We were friends - just friends - long before anything more than that, and I know that no matter what happens now that I'm here and he's there - our friendship wasn't skin-deep, and it won't ever go away. There's no real way to accurately show him how much I appreciate him, but I'll try until he gets it ;)
![]() |
| simple things that make me smile ♥ |
![]() |
| kalyn. becky. ali. catie. every girl deserves to have friends like these. |
And on a continous note, the housing search continued this evening, with a trip out to Mariemont/Fairfax with Becky to scout out a property [CList, Zillow & Realtor.com have gotten a workout these past few weeks!]. I'm very happy to report that I feel hopeful about this. Whether or not this materializes into the one, I think I like it and it went well with the landlord, so I was left feeling refreshed, after the last few weeks of dry leads. If I do end up moving, I'll show you a picture then ;) After the viewing, it was off to Eastgate, where I picked up a steal I'd found on the ever-reliable Craigslist = new tent! My philosophy is that you can't really ever have too many tents, especially when it's a 4-person and you paid $30 for it. WINNING (:
![]() |
| iiiiit's camping time! (: |
Since we were already in the Eastgate area, I took Becky for her first visit at the Main Street Cafe in Newtown. Three words: Sweet Potato Fries. Oh, and two more accompanying words: Calypso Sauce. You know exactly what I mean if you've ever been there. Newtown itself is a cute little area, which reminded me that somewhere nestled in it, is a local retailer that sells spoon rings and other various knick knacks. I made a note to myself to find it again and make a visit. In due time.....Meanwhile, outside Mainstreet Cafe there was a very worn entrance into a wooded area, which we couldn't help but explore. I'd gone straight from work to run all of these errands, so I was still fully disguised as the business-casual version of myself as we embarked on a mini-hike through some foliage. We found everything from a run-down metal storage shed alone in a clearing to a 4-hours cul-de-sac on the other side of the trails. Nothing spectacular, but fun for some curious people like us.
![]() |
| yep! |
xo | cmd





No comments:
Post a Comment