Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Is it really that time again?

--- Yes.
my world. my daughter. my love! 
Ok, so aside from from her actual birthday, I think Mother's Day serves to double the realization that each year, my little girl becomes less and less little. I remember Mother's Day last year; like I said, it's here again to remind me that another year has come and gone almost and she's growing up.

However, in my moments of fighting time, I can't say I'd trade it for the world. Today was Mother's Day, and as bittersweet as it ended, it was perfect while it lasted and I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Rob and I picked Syd up early this morning and made our way down to It's Just Crepes for brunch [we attempted Taste of Belgium,  but just couldn't stick around for an hour and a half wait... ]. As it happened, it seemed like crepes did better work this particular time around to satisfy all our cravings, even Syd's.

With our bellies full [& some silly pictures from brunch time under our belt], we needed to decide what to do with the rest of our day before Rob had to head back. My brain's been off-kilter all day long, so the Newport Aquarium didn't even cross my mind.... buuuuut, I did eventually come up with a trip to the Cincinnati Museum Center, specifically the children's museum. I also thought of Entertrainment Junction, but with the drive to and from West Chester + the time it takes to really absorb that place, we decided we'd need to put that off to another visit [sad faces].

So anyway, we ended up at the children's museum, which you know is fun when you come out after nearly three hours realizing you've taken a total of about... four pictures? Oh well, we made better use of that time playing and romping than stopping to pose for pictures. We did stop at the photo booth at the end of it all, a picture which Rob has and of which I might have to obtain a copy when I see him this next weekend. (:

Anyway, it was a blast. By the time we left, Sydni had thoroughly exhausted herself into one of her trademark I'm-passed-out-before-we-even-leave-the-parking-lot. That worked, because if I'm being honest, yes, I bawled my eyes out like I was myself a wronged toddler when it came time for Rob to leave. Call me a wuss, but I'm in love with that boy and while I know it's just a little distance, and we still have each other's commitment, it's still pretty rough standing on a sidewalk in broad daylight knowing that it'll be an undetermined amount of time until - if - you get to come home to that person again at the end of the day.

Good news: I'll see him this upcoming Friday, so really, I'm panicking for no reason .. yet... haha. He did exponentially better at being the more stable one today as he geared up to leave; I told him I'll be a big kid about this tomorrow, but for now... I'm sad.

He finally left, after a fairly emotional farewell [overdone, probably, but I care not one bit about the dramatics today], and I stayed behind in the driver seat of my car for a little while longer: reflecting, crying, convincing myself into composure, and then repeating that until Sydni finally started to wake up out of her nap.

I snapped right out of my funk, and convinced her to come up and take some pictures with me (: She obliged. These are the top two contenders from a slew of about 20 :

for obvious reasons.... 
again... obviously ♥
Goshhhhh I love her.

chocolate ganache!
Together we spent the rest of the afternoon running around town and doing a little gift shopping, both for a few other people and of course for Sydni too. :) Eventually we met back up with Joe for her to head with him, and I made my way back to Becky's. I practically ran right in to her and Mike as they were heading out the door; in a moment of spontaneity joined her and her family for another Mother's Day celebration at LaRosa's. She'd snagged something from Market from me, too (: [[thank you, amazing friend!!]]

We ended up at her parents' house for a few minutes, where her dad showed me the little playhouse project he's constructing for her niece and nephews. Yenno, just a tiny... little.... THREE STORY.. thing.. haha.

is the kid cori jealous? ... yes. yes, she is.
heck, the adult cori is still jealous. haha
Last thing on the agenda for the night? Some bluegrass by the The Comet Bluegrass Allstars. Not... a bad... ending.
bluegrass (: | the comet | cincinnati, oh
I go to work tomorrow.... at a new Express office. I'm still not sure exactly how I feel about it, but we'll see how it goes. I just got off the phone with Rob; he and the fiat made it back to IL safe and sound... too bad I miss him like crazy already....

Deep breath.
Night, blogbots (:

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment