Friday, May 17, 2013

TGIF.

TGIF.

Yeah, I know... cliche title for a Friday post.... but ya know what? I can't remember the last time I was this thankful for a Friday to roll around. It's been something of an.... eventful week, more or less.

I got dressed in real grown-up clothes this morning and chuckled at the fact that I've been so used to business casual Monday through Thursday, and having casual Fridays. This week, because we've been in the final threads of set-up here, we were casual all week, and now dressing up on Friday. (*whew) It's not really that funny, but it's a nice change.

Oh, and I thought I'd stop by Kroger on the way in and snag some cute little orchids to brighten up our desk spaces. I found a purple one for Elisa, even. :) On top of that, all of my pictures are now hanging or sitting in their respective places, so I feel like I'm home. Here we go, Express.....
brighten up the day :)

love seeing these beautiful faces ..  family & friends - every day!
Anywho, D&N [I'm not quite used to it yet; I just typed and deleted M&D... : / ...] were kind enough to grant me an early leave today at 3pm to start my trip back to St. Louis for the weekend. I need to get the e-check done on my car, and Rob's mom got us tickets to an REO Speedwagon/Ted Nugent/Styx concert this weekend. Two reasons I'd say are justifiable enough to get me back there for a couple of days :).

That's not to discount the rest of the day though. Friday was anything but slow; yesterday we'd scheduled our first round of interviews for today, and we didn't stumble too much through the flow of things. Luckily for both Elisa and I, we were trained by some of the same people, so we came together already having a very similar process. Oh, the small victories!

So yeah. We've all survived the first week of managed chaos here at the brand spankin' new Express office of Central Cincinnati, not to be confused with Cincinnati North or East ;). I'm excited to really start digging into everything next week and find our paths of flow and function.

For now, I'm outta here. I aced the five-hour drive back to Illinois, have successfully been fed AND got to see Alicia (: (: ... and now I've got a boyfriend to see (:
hey, alicia!! (: 
Happy weekend!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment