Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Office, Here. We. GO!

Today was day one in the brand new office space that will I'll call home for the next [hopefully] several years!

They advised me to be there between 8am and 9am, not necessarily right at 8am since I'd had somewhat of a long weekend. I was grateful for the extra half hour or so, and was excited when I got there to find things in their final stages.

Oh, and it's casual WEEK, this week, since we're not officially open until the 20th and this week will be spent digging into boxes and doing all things set-up. I'm not complaining. The only pitfall was that we couldn't really get too much accomplished until the boxes arrived, and that didn't happen until late afternoon. That being said, they cut us loose to go take care of anything we needed to do, which for me was perfectly timed to get everything done.

1 || BMV = driver's license with my correct last name! [The Dren is back, ya'll... you've been warned... haha.. jk.]
2 || Bank = change over acct information and order new card.
3 || Stop by post office and change mailing address information.
4 || Visit storage unit.
4.5 || Visit old Express office and say hi!
5 || Visit a potential place to live [... and pass on it...]

*whew. I got back to the office close to 2:30, where I spent the rest of the day with Elisa, the FOC, sorting through boxes and making sure the packing lists were accurate. They put up our sign today, too! No longer are we just the old Adecco space; we are NOW.. Express!

... express yourself.... today!
Back at Becky's, Mike came by and they put dinner together for TJ and me [thank you!!]. It was delicious, and so nice to have "real" food after a few days of being on the go constantly and eating like it too.

fish!
So uhh, yeah? That's really all I've got for day one. I'm so excited about this new office and everything that comes with it - our FOC is a fully-trained gal from another local office here, and the owners are as sweet as can be. It's going to be an interesting week all together, but I'll take it. Here's to a new direction!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment