Monday, July 8, 2013

Sydni Makes Sundays Fun ☑

Saying that today was a monumental improvement over yesterday is a gross understatement. Of course, that always puts a silver lining on any bad day, because really how do we know to appreciate "good days" without anything to which we can compare them?

Enough of that deep thought stuff, though.. today... was.. awesome.
awww :( .. bye friends...
The only un-awesome part of the day was at the very beginning, when we bid adieu to Ali & Melissa, who parted off after breakfast [the standard Drenn traditional breakfast, might I add... haha] to Illinois. It's gonna be a photo-kinda-entry, so here we go....
morning tradition (:
Once Ali and Melissa had gone and we got the house cleaned up, Sydni and I were ready to enjoy the SUNSHINE that fiiiinally made an appearance today. I can't tell you how gorgeous it was outside; sunny but not scorching hot, and an entire unchartered day for her and me. LOVE.

Photo highlights?
... But of course!

| We're OFF! We couldn't wait to get in the car and go do something... anything.. to enjoy this rain-free day. Our final vote? The ever-faithful Eden Park. Definitely a good choice.
here we go!!
 | Mini horseshoe water fall! As soon as our feet left the car in the parking lot at the park, I asked Sydni what she wanted to do first. Her response was to go watch the ducks and fish swim, so we parked ourselves at the edge of this little spillover in the lower part of the park. We watched our fair share of the ducks and fish, just like she wanted, and even learned about the zero-traction property of that green fuzzy stuff in the water .. aka, moss. 
mini horseshoe waterfall | eden park - cinci, oh
 | Sandwiches for Sydni with SmartWater & Swissgear. Gosh, I love that little girl. She told me she wanted to eat her sandwich by the waterfall, so I snuck across the other side to snap a shot of her enjoying her lunch. She'd selected SmartWater [my daughter, whaaaaa?? haha] earlier and we stuffed everything into a Swissgear bag. She made sure I knew that all of those things, her included, start with S, so therefore by default they are all hers. "Okay, Mom?"
little lunch buddy... i hope i remember these moments forever
 | Get your feet wet!! Okay, so we didn't get soaking wet like the last time we played in a water outlet, but I couldn't help steal a shot of us sitting on the edge of the rocks, adventure feet ready for whatever we wanted to do today. Sydni's convinced that when she's a grown-up, she'll get toe shoes, too. Add that to the list of things that make me over-the-top proud of her. (: 
Vibram KSO's & mini Keen's. It's a good day, folks.
 | Take a hike. We were swinging on the playground when I spotted this cleared little hill off to the side. The upper part of Eden Park is at the top, with the famous Overlook, but I thought it'd be fun to try a little climb with Sydni. It's been raining here lately [in case I haven't griped enough about that.... ], so it was more mud than dirt, and fairly slick from others before us clearly traversing up and probably down, too. I must say though, despite her hesitation at getting dirt under her nails [we're working on that], she didn't do half bad and made it nearly to the very top without my help! Hello, proud mommy moment. I love.. my little nature bug.

future hikers of America.. hi monster ♥
 | SPENT! I just realized that when we look back on this, it's probably going to look like Sydni had narcolepsy as a toddler, from all of the pictures I have of her crashed out in various places. Haha. Oh well. I'm a camera addict with a cute kid, so she'll have to accept that and trust my half-serious promises to only display a few of these at events like graduation parties and her wedding ;) Haha... 

sure signs you're doing it right.... (: adventure success.
*Sigh. I kind of wished today wouldn't end, for a lot of reasons. She goes away again tomorrow for the week and of course tomorrow itself is Monday, so I'm okay putting those both off for a little while longer. Either way, we had an amazing day and are both ready to wind down. She's out, snoring [hehe], and I've got a quick Skype date with Rob, so we'll bid this blog goodnight.

ALLLL RIGHT, MONDAY, let's go..

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment