Saturday, July 27, 2013

And THIS.. Is Family Time

I'm home this weekend, at my parents' house.
With my parents.
With Sydni.
Life doesn't really get better than family.

We woke up at our leisure today. Well, let me re-phrase that. Sydni woke up at her leisure, and I awoke to her inches from my nose hissing in my face, "Mommmyyyyyy... it's good morning time!! MOMMY! GOOD MORNING TIME!" - Adorable, right? How could I be grumpy at that?!
yes, it's blurry.. i was half asleep and this monkey was climbing on me ;)
Mom & Dad had something really special in mind for the day, which meant we were off to the store in search of an early birthday present. The mission was quickly accomplished, when Sydni picked out a brand new bicycle and helmet [thank you, Nana & Pappy!] & also two new swimsuits and a beach towel for her swim lessons that she'll start on Monday. Talk about one happy girl.

One of my FAVORITE pictures from the entire weekend was this one of my father carrying Sydni's bike through the store. He loves her, and I am so proud to be able to call him Syd's grandfather. So.. sweet.... 
pappy & sydni.... so sweet. look how excited she is!
Oh, and I almost forgot... they got her an umbrella, too ;) 
nana & syd... & an umbrella ;)
We finished up the day with a trip to the movie theater to see Despicable Me 2, which surprisingly even had my father laughing. So silly... I loved it.

Today was one of those days that didn't elicit  many pictures, mainly because we were out running around all day having too much fun to stop and take any. In a way, that makes me sad because I love photo-documenting, but then I realize that we had an incredible time.. and photos or not, I loved it.

I will however.. at a later date, compile some of the pictures I dug out of my parents' photo albums of the much-younger me [like, itty bitty me... from adoption day forward], and share some of those. Too funny.

For now, happy Saturday!!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment