Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nails | Nancy's Birthday | MVP's

Welp,... we only saw Nancy for a fleeting moment this morning but sure enough, the birthday surprises were a success! Elisa picked up some flowers, a balloon and a bag of chocolate, and we were ready by the time Nancy arrived this morning. I.. love.. birthdays (:
happy birthday, nancy!! (:
[Winning!]

Oh, and on that DIY note...
...... Thanks a lot, Instagram.
I swear, if it's not Pinterest shelling out new experiment ideas, it's Instagram. Haha. I should've known better than to browse around on some DIY pages a few days back, but I've been wanting to throw some polish on the nails and haven't really been motivated enough to do it... yet.

And then I found ombre [gradient] nails. This is definitely a rough sketch of what these could look like if I really put my mind to them, but I don't think they came out half bad (:
getting ready (:
Sponge + colors + way too much time on my hands....
base coat... prime color...
Sponge feeding the second color... It's not a pro job but then again, I'm no pro. I did find a few ways that I'll remember for the next time [assuming there is one] that I decide to spend this much time painting my nails.. ehh.
ta... da.
Yeaauuup. Probably not my favorite project, but worth at least one try and maybe another one down the road once I've forgotten how annoying this actually got after about 20 minutes. We'll see.

Lastly, to piggyback off of yesterday's dote on my friend Ladd, I figured I'd try and actually see him sometime before his next birthday rolls around... so yeah.... MVP's it was, to rendezvous with Ladd, Jason & Keith.. and eventually Kelly, too [*sidenote, Melissa .. feel 100% better, soooon!].

Good to see them, even if Ladd is still trying to be an honorary Asian. Jury's out, buster; I'll have to consult Nader & Nalom to see if your membership renewal is negotiable.. haha.
mvp's | silverton, oh
I'm home. It's late. I'm tired.
It's gonna be a loooong day tomorrow, I think... but worth it, since I'm supposed to see KALYN [*squeaaaaaaaal] tomorrow evening.

Adios, amigos.

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment