Saturday, July 27, 2013

Home Bound ツ

One of the best ways to start a Friday?
Well, this works...

♥ he's pretty awesome
Cute overkill, I know. Don't get me wrong, he's faaaaaaar from being a sissy kinda guy, and he's definitely not the swoony romantic type.. honestly I think that's part of the reason this kinda stuff always catches me by surprise. He's not naturally sappy and I don't sit around expecting things like this, but man.. I love him & it's the small stuff like this that confirms my faith in this little long-distance gig we've got. Plus, happy Friday!

Anywho, Nancy bought us lunch, which added to benefit of a week's ending, and the rest of the day passed over without too much fuss. It wasn't long before I had Sydni buckled up, weekend stuff in tow [yes, including laundry, because what kid ever, regardless of their age, doesn't take advantage of the laundry-at-mom&dad's whenever possible?] en route to the homeland.
home sweet home ♥ .. aka 'the dren lodge'
The homeland, in this case, is the little planet of Mt. Vernon Ohio, the true definition of little hometown. It's the place in which I spent all but the first 4 years of my life growing up until I left for college, and the only place on the planet in which I'd bet my 401k that in one weekend I could easily find one of each:
- 1. High school [& in most cases, current] friend[s].
- 2. Former teacher or coach.
- 3. Someone who knows me by name but who I could swear I've never met.... ever.
- 4. Family friend or old church member who very vividly remembers the little tiny me, like.. before I was 7 or 8.
- 5. .......and of course, either an old ex boyfriend or the girl who's either currently dating or married to an ex boyfriend.. not because I dated soo many people...., but because it's a small stinkin' town and if you dated more than 1 person in the 7 years of middle+high school, you stand pretty much a 125% chance of someone you know having dated at least one of those same people at some point. It doesn't make us weird or inbred, it just meant we were a small [genetically-UNrelated, mind you] population and we worked with what we had: each other. haha. Either way, yay, awkward!

I'm hoping well against #5, mostly against #4, and only mildly against #3 because I always end up feeling guilty for my inability to recall someone's name being a one-way thing. Either way, I never really know what to expect when I'm home, so I've adopted a principle of take-it-as-we-go.

Long story short... I'm HOME!!! I made it in excellent time, and am settled in for a much-needed, way-overdue weekend with my family. This... is... perfect.

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment