Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ELAINA!

[backdated]

Today =

Work.
Errands.
Volleyball.
MIKE & KELLY having their baby??!

Whoa.

♥ mp!!
Work was work.. nothing new to report there other than we're kickin' tail and taking names on our journey out of newbie-ness here in the Central office. Our new sales gal Nikki is flying through training and will undoubtedly be giving me a run for my money with the orders she's sure to bring in. [I say bring it! I love this part!]

Post-work = Errands, specifically to Michael's to pick up some Mod Podge & a brayer, the two components I didn't have, necessary for some projects that I will, at a later date, show off if/when I don't botch them. Haha. [Stay tuned]

Yep... moving on to volleyball @ Hahana with Keifer, Kalyn & Beth? Well, we got flattened, again, but in a last ditch effort to redeem ourselves, two of the guys from our competing team stayed after to volley with us and give us some pointers. If I haven't made it clear already, aside from Beth playing in high school, we are not volleyball players; prior to this Keifer hadn't played at all, so in spite of posting 3 L's tonight, I will say we're getting better where team dynamic and communication is concerned. Kalyn & I have our sights set on tournament championship; we won it at Grand Sands with Tim & Paul, so I have no doubts this is possible. (:

And THENNNN [this is the backdated part], Mike & Kelly thankfully made it through a LONG night of hospital visit and emergency c-section to deliver baby Elaina!!!
baby elaina! | congratulationssss mike & kelly!!!
.... two months early. Holy cow. Rob sent me this picture of Elaina; I'm not sure if she technically was born today or in the early hours of August 1, but she's certainly a premie and weighing in at a mere 3 lbs and some change. For you mom's out there who know the process of child birth from experience, it's scary enough going into it when the time is expected... I can't imagine doing this nine weeks early.

So, CONGRATULATIONS!! to Mike & Kelly!! Baby Elaina is beautiful.. and I can't wait to meet her. Since this is the wedding I was slated to attend this weekend with Rob, it looks like our plans will be changing a little.. but I'm okay with that. (: There's a reason for everything, so this'll work out fine either way.

Life's Good ♥

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment