Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Crash

I would really like to say that I accomplished a lot today. I guess in the big picture of it, I did a little, but not nearly as much as I'd planned. I know my body well enough to know when it just needs to completely shut down and reboot; today was that day. In the midst of some unpacking and arranging, I found myself in napping increments, interrupted by my own mind fighting against the body to get up and get things done.

My body ultimately won. Here's a blurry picture to in essence sum up what the day looked like. I may've taken this picture originally just to send to Ali, proving that the priorities are always clear: Pitch Perfect initiation in the new house? Check.

buried. watching pitch perfect, of course.
Yes, I realize this freakishly resembles an episode of Hoarders. In my defense, both Sydni's room and my own room are entirely assembled, save for the clothes being hung and a few miscellaneous details like decorations and pictures. Oh, and all of the thumb-sized pegs required to attach the shelves to the bookcase, tv stands and small bookcases... are still hiding away in the mass of unpacked wonder, so until those are uncovered, the books, decorations, dvd's, electronics, and other shelved things will sit idle in their boxes. Being the type of person who just wants it done, I'm fighting back the urge to just go and buy new pegs to get this crap off the floor.... but I know as soon as I do that, I'll all but trip over the whole set of those I already had. Patience, grasshopper.....

So yeah. Miniature spurts of unpacking amongst long runs of sleeping. I've just woken up for the, I dunno, fourth? time today, and I already feel much better. It's dark out though, and that being said I'm making a U-Turn and going right back to sleep. I'll tackle this mess this week.

P.S. - FIVE. DAYS... and Rob's here to visit. It's safe to say I'm just a little excited. Oh, and he sent me these today, from when we were at the Styx/REO/Nugent concert. I'd forgotten about them, but it's never too late to share (: That was a good day.

with KSHE95 pig & rob's mom | photobombing my own pic [high five]
maryland heights, mo
Ahh. Good night, friends (:
xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment