Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Move Multi-Tasking

Becky came over after work today, unannounced.

I say it that way, because when she got here, I was in the back bedroom, knee-deep in a stack of boxes and singing along very loudly to some Josh Turner as I was working. I figured it was one of the neighbors knocking, to politely ask me to cease all karaoke activity.

Nope (:

It was Becky, and she came bearing cinder blocks! I never imagined needing and not having these things; I feel like they're everywhere. There were a few abandoned ones in a burn pile behind my house, but once we dug one out, there were more critters than we cared to clear, so we'll just have to wait on the last two that we still need.
thanks, little cinder blocks (:
It took us a little while to configure things in the basement; once we'd done that we opted for some food. Our first intention was Eli's; I don't know why we thought there wouldn't be a massive line nearly out the door, with packed outdoor crowds. We would've stayed, I'm sure, save for the gray clouds and light raindrops that threatened to start pouring at any second.

So... off to Hyde Park. Sure, a contrast, but the food was good. Wild Ginger it was, with some drunken noodles for me and a firecracker for Becky. We won't get into the table next to us, with the three heinously obnoxious teenagers who will hopefully.. one... day... realize that the word, "like" is not the same thing as a space bar on a keyboard.

It was, like, distracting, like, ya know, like??
mmm. wild ginger!
Could I have spent the entire evening unpacking? Oh, definitely. Did I still manage to clear all of the remaining debris out of my room, the hallway, half the living room, and the bathroom? Yeahhhh, buddy. I call that the new move multi-task, and it's keeping me sane.

That being said, I'll get some finished pictures up here soon, but for now, I'm rather impressed that it's not 11 yet and I'm completely ready for bed (:

P.S. - 3 more days & I'll have my first round of company.
I. can't. wait to see him. ♥

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment