Friday, June 7, 2013

New Digs.. New Door??

I realized this morning that my office space has finally come together into a space that's going to feel like home. Good thing, too, since we have a boatload of stuff to do here in the next few weeks. I am excited. (:

top left: day 1 - 13may2013
bottom: week 2 - 20may2013
top right: today! 06june2013
happy braids!
I even managed to get my hair into a manageable and surprisingly in-tact braid while sitting at my desk, on the phone. Go figure. I thought for sure I'd have to take it out and start over, but this was one of those rare hair moments that I'll probably never again repeat on the first try, but realized it's perfect for work. Thought I'd share...

 It's the random stuff like that that keeps me going sometimes through the days that otherwise get a little stuffy and more methodical than I feel like being at that very moment. Hey... we've got to entertain ourselves somehow, okay?

Work out of the way, I hopped in the car, Fairfax-bound to get the KEYS... to my new digs! (: 

home!
Mission accomplished, and I got to see Trish and the kiddos for a quick minute before I made my way back to Milford and then down to Northside. Becky and I decided on Skyline for dinner, after much fickle consideration [nothing new there]. Good call.

On our way back, we were discussing my list of to-do's once I get fully planted into the new house this weekend. One of them is to fashion a table of some sort out of an old door. I've always wanted to do that, and I figure now would be a better time than any to take a dive and go for it. At the moment I mentioned it, we were on foot nearing Becky's apartment, and she nearly took off in a run towards the trash area for her building. Apparently, there was a stray door in there; she couldn't have been more excited.

Long story short:

dooooooooor (:
Yeah, I can dumpster dive [or in this case, pick] on a whim with my friends. Haha. Becky called Mike, who was there within minutes with his truck to haul this thing off and store in his basement until the weekend. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me on Pinterest or wherever that happens to be, until I find some sort of doable transformation for this.

TOMORROW = FRIDAY.
Hallelujah (:
See ya there...

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment