Thursday, June 13, 2013

Starting to Look Like Home (:

Day 3: This place is starting to look much more like an actual residence than a storage unit. [Yay!] This is progress!

I took a trip to Walgreens during lunch to do a mass printing of photographs I wanted to frame. There were about 20 all together; I was bound and determined to update all of the frames I have and get those suckers on the wall. I'm guilty of having outdated or empty frames lying around for months on end, so I had it at the high end of my to-do list to get this done.

Funny, how I think some things are urgent, and then I'm reminded that people, not things, are way more important, and there's always time for good friends. I got a phone call from Becky, as I was nearly cross-eyed with an exacto-knife shaving down some photo edges.

Here's how that went:
B: "Hey lady, how's the dryer?"
C: "No issues so far?" B: "Great. How's your stomach?"
C: "Empty..." B: "How's your front door??"
C: "Unlocked."

I love my friends. This is what I saw not even 15 seconds later...

my friends are awesome.
Becky? check. Mike? check.
CINDER BLOCKS?? check!
.... DINNER FROM ELI'S??!
cheeeeeeckk......

What an amazing surprise. The two cinder blocks I still needed for the basement, carry-out from Eli's BBQ, and two really stellar people for dinner company. It certainly beats the vibe from last night at WG, but who's keeping score.... haha.

I've been a busy bee this evening. I forgot to mention that I did my first full grocery trip earlier this afternoon. I'd forgotten how un-fun it is having to buy all that staple stuff [paper towels, dish soap, TP, etc.], but somehow managed to remember everything and get home in one piece. I've cleaned the bathroom and tidied some more around the living room.

first grocery shop... done!
OH! And the pictures are hung. Most of them, at least. There are some frames still unaccounted for, which baffled me until I remembered that they're still at Rob's. In time...

PHOTO MONTAGE TIME! [Before + After!]




[still missing bookcase shelves :/ ... ]
I've been a busy bee tonight. Huge thanks again to Becky & Mike for being who they are and for helping out in ways I couldn't even have thought to ask. I'm feeling more settled in the new digs every day, with only about four days really under my belt here.

Oh, and the countdown to Rob visiting continues: 2. more. days.

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment