Monday, July 23, 2012

We Are STAFF! [&Welcome Home, Syd!]

Another LOADED Sunday! I'm allllll for it!

with joe | with sydni | with cori
- the dills love you, eric!
.: ONE :.
Happy birthday, Eric!! 
This is Joe's best friend from years ago and still now. He has been a great friend not only to Joe, but to me as well, especially during the time that Joe was gone for military training. I knew if we needed anything, we could count on him. He's Sydni's "Uncle Eric," and we wish him the very very best birthday today! 

It looks like we're headed to see Eric in September in Colorado - looking forward to it :) 

.: TWO :.

It's baptism time! This is the third Sunday in a row [amen? AMEN!] Over the course of VBS, I worked alongside the Burden girls Kirsten & Kaitlyn. Their little brother Tanner went into the baptismal today, followed by Maia! I still remember my baptism; it was an incredible feeling and I love that there are youth in our church getting to experience that same emotion. God is GOOD! 

tanner & maia | congratulations!!!
.: THREE :.

posting on the towerview fb page after church! :)
Today was my Sunday downstairs in the nursery, so I wasn't present for the final verdict in what was a church-wide vote determining whether or not Joe would become an assistant pastor intern at Towerview. I came up at the end of the service to find that he'd been voted in with a 95%, so we are officially STAFF at Towerview! Joe now continues on under the mentorship of our senior pastor Ron and assistant pastor Mike, and will serve in the role of an intern until the time comes to grow into an associate or assistant pastor title. By default, that adds me to the collection of staff wives, where I'm blessed and honored to be among other outstanding women in our church. Thank you again, Towerview!!

.: FOUR :.

My first order of business as a "staff wife" at Towerview?
-- Skipping choir practice!

Haha. well, it wasn't by plan; unfortunately this was the only opportunity we had over the weekend to rendezvous with my parents in Indianapolis [halfway, oy...] to trade off a monster. Sydni's been with my family for the past week, on a mini vacation [for both her and for us!] with the grandparents. This time worked out particularly well, since my family was here last weekend to visit, and took her during the hectic week that was RFL prep time. Funny how that works out.

little sassy pants.... ;) 
It's crazy how I can miss this little bug so much just over the course of one week, but I'm so glad she's home. We're home too, and thoroughly spent. I'm gonna go pretend I don't have to work tomorrow :p. 

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment