Friday, July 6, 2012

TWLOHA [The Reprise] | HBD, JIMMY!

twloha.com | [go]check.it.out.
It's been a little while since I last sported this one. I found it tucked in a pile of short sleeve shirts in my closet, its turquoise lettering peeking at the visible edge and reminding me that it's spent long enough on the shelf without being worn.

I always get asked, expectantly so, first the question, "What's your shirt say?" The second question once I either recite it or stand up straight and still enough for it to be completely visible: "What's it mean?"

mercy ministries/barlow girl '08
♥ ali | good times, love this girl!
Bear with me, because this one strikes me on a personal level a little deeper than some of the other equally-respectable causes. TWLOHA is a non-profit movement purposed to extend real hope, encouragement, wisdom, and help to those struggling and/or suffering from depression, abuse, addiction, self-injury/suicide. The initial project launched over 6 years ago; my first exposure to it came about 4 years ago when my darling friend Ali [*miss you, far-away-friend!!] and I were on a mission assignment for Mercy Ministries. It opened to the door for me to TWLOHA [not affiliated w/ MM], and it moved me.

For the people who inspired me to join and continue supporting TWLOHA over the past few years [in absolutely no particular order]: Mili, Jena, Ben, Mike, Robbie, Asia, Daniel, Dustin, Nick, Skye, Ashley, Hannah, and the rest of what is a very long list: I loved or do love each of you in a unique way, and I support missions like TWLOHA either in honoring memory of you or in a token of my utmost support and pride for each day that you continue to choose life - real life - over the alternatives of this broken world.

If you've not yet explored opportunities to advocate a cause like this that moves you in its own way, TWLOHA's not a shabby place to start. Mercy Ministries is another one. Invisible Children. Bloodwater Mission. The list is seemingly endless. One thing I can count on is that life is too short not to be the arms and legs of Christ in some way and reach out, unconditionally and unbiased, to the suffering and the broken. It's the least I can do in my little flash of a journey here. xx.

****
Speaking of really stellar people:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY!!! 

woooo! happy birthday jimbo!!!
Jimmy celebrates another year young today; happy birthday to one of our great friends here in Belleville!! This is one truly stand-up guy, and very proud daddy-to-be, might I add. We love these two [Mo & Jimmy]. They've proven to be two of the kindest, selfless and flat out fun couples we could've asked for when we made Illinois our new home. We are so very thankful for both Jimmy & Mo, and wish him the very best birthday yet!

*****

Oh, on a sidenote - it's still a tad bit warm around these parts. I shouldn't very well complain about the blanket of everywhere heat that has settled over the midewest. What I can say is hooooly hot one! I stay thankful to have the amenities to avoid overheating, but not-so-secretly even more thankful for the 90 degree cold front that will be passing through this weekend. Haha.

Notice the 7am temp [top] and the 1pm temp [bottom]. I didn't grab a shot of the 111 temp at 5pm, but I figured by that point hot was hot and it reaaaally didn't matter. Hah.

OHHHH YEAH! And..... after almost a full week of unrelenting asking.. and asking.. and s'more asking, my boss finally ceded to myself and the other staffing consultant to move out of our Green Acres post-up to the other side of the "fence" to where our old desks now sit. Good news, we'll now have our old spaces back [sorta], and with a wealth of added privacy. Yay, little victories!! (:

Lastly, but certainly not of a lesser priority:

IT'S THE DAGGONE WEEKEND!!!! Two days of relaxing before the workweek picks back up. Next week's gonna be an especially eventful time as VBS kicks off on Monday. Exhaustion, here we come ;)

I can't wait.

Time to kick it with the mini - Umizoomi style. Yenno. ;)

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment