Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Date Night :)

^^ Because that's what you do when you're kid-free and your husband's home from travelling! :)

Mo pointed out yesterday when they were at our house that it's noticeably quieter without mini running around. I guess I hadn't really noticed the stark contrast until she pointed it out, but in either sense, we didn't feel like hanging out in the calm of our place for the night. Once Joe was home, we made quick to head right back out the door for one of those rare, cherished date nights that parents of itty bitties see so infrequently. Haha.

We decided to stay local and re-invent the evening on local turf: downtown Belleville. There's nothing I don't love about that little stretch of Main Street, other than that I am always fighting the urge to go home with some handmade or locally-crafted thing that I realistically don't need.

In any event, we took to the streets of our little town and figured we'd stop off at Se7en, a little sushi bar we've tried before and loved.

sushi!

Also, it wouldn't be an outing in Belleville without a stop-off to see Bulent and raiding his supply of delicious gelato :). Duhh... We even ran into a musician there who plays in a local Christian band. He gave us his card, so you can trust that once I check it out, I'll share it all with you, too :)

one of each, please? :)
relay for life 2012 - paint the town purple!
 On our way out of downtown, I stopped to admire and capture the 2012 Relay for Life's Paint the Town Purple efforts by those who volunteered to do it. We were in VBS while they were out and about tying purple to every available post and pole in the area, but major kudos to those who made it!!

Our original theory for the night was that we would stop and see the new Spiderman after dinner, but unfortunately none of the show times were within an hour of us finishing dinner, so we opted to RedBox it and head back to the house to relax.

Good thing, too, since the movie we rented is still sitting on the coffee table, unopened and unwatched, because we are both about to crash out instead of watch it. Go us.

Haha.
We'll try it again tomorrow. :)

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment