A peek at the past week (how I’ve been): Mehhh. It was something of a ramp-up to what's going to be this upcoming week; Nancy is out on vaca in Spain with her daughter, so I'll be flying solo --and likely by the seat of my pants-- for the next five days. The weekend flew by in its regular not-long-enough fashion, and volleyball tonight went off without a hitch.
I am thinking… about a lot of things. Primarily family, future, plans for future, and then all of othe sudden... sleep. Hrm.Oh, and how in the world did I never know about the World Naked Bike Ride?? We discussed it tonight at volleyball. It happened in St. Louis last night and no, I did not participate. From what I heard it was quite the unique production. Odd... Hah.
I am thankful for… a long, intricate list of things. A few specifically: my family, my friends, the God I serve who loves me unconditionally, and the ammenities afforded to me in this life on earth that not all are so fortunate to have.
From the kitchen… Found a new recipe for homemade hummus. I haven't tackled it yet, but just wait until I have a moment to get down to business and we'll all have our bellies full.... hopefully. This is willing I don't botch it completely ;).
I am wearing… Sand-infested running shorts and the Relay for Life shirt. Volleyball works wonders. I think there's still about a quarter pound of sand in my hair, too. Who knows. A shower is certainly in order here, folks.
I am creating… a dastardly plan purposed to sustain me through the chaos that will inevitably ensue the moment I step into the office tomorrow as the sole staffing consultant. It involves a lot of prayer, patience, and slow, deep breathing. Hah.
I am going… to reinvent myself this week, by the power of faith, prayer, intentional meditation, and a whole lot of coffee. There are many areas of my life that have been lacking real substance, which has led me to being if not completely detached, then at the very least dissatisfied. "We were made to live for so much more, but we lost ourselves...." [Switchfoot]
![]() |
| get in it :) |
I am hoping… for some intervention, of the most Godly sort. Conflict has a way of settling in and taking root to breed dissension; it's only by the grace of God alone that we are saved... and boy do I need some grace. I also need some patience, tolerance, and endurance. I'm one of those creatures - you know the ones... humans.
I am hearing… Phillips Craig & Dean's Great I Am. This is a power anthem.. and I. Am. Jammin'. I usually gravitate towards the more acoustic, raw stuff, but every once in a while I definitely dig some of the bigger songs. I like to think of it as all purpose worship music. Just me..
I wanna be near, near to your heart, Loving the world, hating the dark...
Around the house… Lots of cleaning to do! What else is new. Laundry, too. I think I might check into biodegradable clothing options here soon. You know, take it way old school, like garden of Eden mode. Au naturale, if you will. I have no doubts it would save on laundry costs, and then double up as a benefit all around once I can switch from laundry basket to compost pile. No? Well, I can dream. :p
One of my favorite things… People who resemble their pets. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get enough:
![]() |
| kinda makes me wonder what pet i'd resemble? .. and no, grandma, tiger woods is not an animal. |
I AM ... Outta here. It's about to be a grueling week.
[BRING IT!]
xo | cmd


No comments:
Post a Comment