| the small beaded bracelet [puravida] hanging out with my invisible children liberty triangle! many thx, christine!! i love it! |
| from lara: "we're going home!" |
We are definitely chompin' at the bits to go and see the Babots, and shower that little munchkin and her big brother with some fun stuff.
Here in the Dills house: we are ALL here. My family came in from Ohio to visit for the weekend! Joe came back from Albuquerque, and the VBS parent night/finale was tonight. *WHEW. We had a BLAST. I was so thrilled that my parents, sister, nephew, and sister's beau were able to come and see the last bit of what we've been doing all week for VBS with the kiddos. It was so much fun :) They're all here at the house now, hanging out and having a family jam session with the guitars. I love my family, and I love when they visit. ♥
| the little ones [with some help] doing their vbs song! |
| mo! love this girl. love our shirts, too ;) |
PS - VBS IS DONE!!! It's bittersweet, but for the moment, feeling slightly more sweet than bitter. Talk to me tomorrow and I might feel differently ;) Heh. On an absolute positive though, I believe that 6 kids this year dedicated their lives to Christ and committed to following in His path. All music jokes aside, that really is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Amen? Amen!
*
Last but absolutely not least, on a somber note:
I recently caught up with Dusty, an old friend of mine from back home, who I've known since we were about 6. We were close friends for a long time, but just happened to lose touch over the last few years. It's been great reconnecting with him and updating on our lives since the last time we saw each other. He and his family used to live on our street, and I fondly remember the shenanigans of our days as the 'neighborhood kids.'
![]() |
| from the newark advocate & a shot borrowed from fb... :( |
My heart breaks today for his family; Dusty's older brother Mark lost his life today in a motorcycle accident back in Ohio. I can't imagine the strain of losing a sibling, especially in the midst of other trying obstacles. Our deepest and most sincere condolences go out to the Runyons today and I pray that whatever peace can be found, is embraced.
Life is short.
Embrace it.
Love your family.
You really don't ever know.
*
With my family being here this weekend, I plan on doing exactly that - I love them to the end of the earth and I'm so blessed for them being here.
Happy weekend, friends :)
xo | cmd

No comments:
Post a Comment