Friday, July 8, 2011

Slackers | Tom Hanks | Old Navy

One of my favorite things to do is explore new places. If I live or work there, it also kind of becomes a necessity; otherwise I’m perpetually lost each time I get in the car. I had caught a grapevine drift of a music/records/cd dig called, Slacker’s. I had put it on my to-find list, but hadn’t gotten around to finding it.

slackers | glen carbon, il


Until today.
I work across the street from Slacker’s.
Sweet.
castaway | tom hanks

Let me rewind to Father’s Day, when I gave Joe a checklist of every movie in which his actor-crush, Tom Hanks, has starred. I also included three of his movies. Today on lunch, I swung by and snagged another T.H. flick, which I would’ve bought the first time had I known we didn’t already own it.

mini greenies
My second stop on lunch was at Old Navy, where I’m finding I enjoy their kids’ section far more than their adult section. I still remember those logo T-shirts that for some reason wallpapered all the hallways in my high school for a whole one year when I was a sophomore. Weird.


Anyway, grabbed those little cuties, which are even cuter in person because their size makes them that much more adorable. Armed with my movie and my shoes [let me make note here that neither of these were actually for me; hooray for disciplined shopping!], I headed back to work, then back to my house to watch the new movie with my husband and watch our daughter parade around in her new shoes. That worked out well.

TGtomorrowIF!


xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment