Friday, July 22, 2011

Silly Movies Make Perfect Nights

The first place I needed to find when we moved here was a reputable grocery store. Around here, there are two primary options: Schnucks or Dierbergs. I’ve not done much shopping at Shnucks yet, simply because I live within striking distance of a huge Dierbergs. Think Beechmont Kroger’s with a touch of local farmer’s market, all in one. Pretty sweet.

There just happens to be a Dierbergs by my work, as well, and today I took full advantage of their sushi department. I enjoy that its constantly manned by an adorable little sushi man who always seems to be smiling, and thanked me repeatedly for the California roll & nigiri I plucked from his collection today.


Work was work, as usual. I feel like I’m making some valuable headway, but I’m still treading softly, as the former FOC is still here and I don’t want to inadvertently step on her toes.


pb&j
At home, I found my little family anxious to eat dinner, so, at Sydni’s request, Daddy made his famous PB&J, and we munched away at our sandwiches and listened to Sydni tell us the tales of her day in a language that will someday translate to actual English words. For now, it’s nothing short of adorable and heartwarming to hear her express her thoughts out loud, even if we can’t understand a single lick of it.

Since we’ve not yet turned on cable services at our house [we’re never here, what’s the rush?], we’ve been quite the movie-watching family on the occasion that we have free time during which we vote to stay up late. Tonight it was Joe’s turn to pick-a-flick, and we wound up snuggling on the couch to a little throwback action in Without a Paddle.


Tomorrow’s Friday! [yesssssssssssssssssss]
G’Nite!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment