Monday, July 25, 2011

Officially Members!

Today was a big day for us in our church; we made the step to move our membership from New Harmony back home to Towerview here in Illinois. We still consider New Harmony very much a church family to us, but I heard a good quote from our new pastor the evening we met with his wife and him for dinner at Eckert's:
While your church family at home will always be just that, if you're going to be somewhere else, then be there, fully.
I really liked that, and I'm taking to it. We are here, believe it or not, so we might as well really be a part of this. We're going to make the most of this experience, not the other way around. So here we are: members of Towerview Baptist Church in Belleville.

Amen!

To celebrate, we did spaghetti for lunch. Why? Because we can. :) Oh, and because Sydni loves her "skitsi," as she calls it.

"my skitsi!"

This is a good way to start the week, right? ♥

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment