There are a handful of televised sports that can hold my attention, but nothing quite like soccer. Especially if it’s an important game. By important, I mean, World Cup finals important.
So this morning was fairly relaxed: nobody wanted to wake up early, not even Sydni. She was zonked on the fold-out couch when I woke up around . Mom & Dad came over from next door and we did the hotel breakfast thing. After breakfast, we decided to take a quick swim in the hotel pool. Syd is still hesitant of deep water, but is coming around faster and faster each time. She’s brave! Her first order of business was jumping into the pool from the ledge with one of us there to catch. I’d say that’s a good step for a 22-month-old!
Around 1, we loaded up the cars and headed back north to I had high hopes. I think we all did. There was a part of me that kept saying I wouldn’t be horribly offended if Japan won; after the tragedies that have forcibly taken the country’s attention captive, that victory would be a welcomed encouragement. I’m glad I had that thought inkling in the back of my mind, because when it was all said and done, we basically handed Japan the game and they came out victorious. It’s depressing, yeah, but I’m not going to speculate here.
![]() |
| abby wombach | hope solo |
Let me just say though: Hope Solo and Abby Wombach may be tied for my athletic girl crushes. Don’t judge. Haha.
After 120+ minutes of soccer, Joe, Sydni and I hit the road for the 4-hour trip back to IL.
That lands us here, now, home in the house which has not experienced A/C since we left. My word, it’s muggy in here. Haha. Good news is: we made it home safely. My parents made it back to Ohio safely, and we’ve finally got Sydni home. We sure did miss her.
I’m sleepin’ on the downstairs floor tonight, folks. True story.
I’m sleepin’ on the downstairs floor tonight, folks. True story.
G’Nite.
xo | cmd

No comments:
Post a Comment