Saturday, July 23, 2011

[Her] Last Day

[[Happy Birthday[s] to Jess Cochran & Eric Edwards, two separate friends of ours back home in Cincinnati! I truly hope today is a wonderful day for you!]]

Today was my office’s current FOC’s last day before she moves on to her new position [to which we assigned her, ironically]. We took full advantage of any reason to celebrate, and I was introduced to Imo’s. Imo’s is a pizza parlor-esque restaurant that seems to have a good reputation for reasonably priced lunches. The girl I’m replacing seemed to have a habitual craving for this place, so we secretly ordered the office a round of Imo’s for a group lunch.

Basically, for $5, they give you a 10” personal thin crust w/ one topping, and a side salad. I was impressed, for it being quick, inexpensive take-out.

Behold, Imo's: 

imo's | pizza + salad | yum.

What better way to find the best quickie digs than by referrals? While I definitely wouldn’t want to eat this more than once a month, I’ll have to, on one of those lazy, unhealthy days, introduce this stuff to Joe.

Back at home, I had about 15 minutes to finish the prep on a pasta salad I was to take to our evening small group Bible study at Pastor Ron & Debbie’s. It didn’t turn out half bad, and went over much better with the crowd than the Skyline dip we took last week. I don’t blame them; apparently that stuff tastes like pure magic, but is far less appealing in appearance. Oh well.



Do we have huge plans for the weekend? Of course we do. *Kidding.

pasta salad

Tomorrow = Base picnic. We’ll see how this goes in this ridiculous weather J

Who knows, I may even sport some sunscreen… we’ll see!


xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment