One of the best farewell parties I’ve ever had came from my Express friends back in Cincinnati before I left. My experience with the company up to this point has been nothing but positive, and I see honest opportunity for growth both individually within this company, and as a whole.
So, today I stepped into a different Express office for my first day as a “transfer.” It’s always interesting being the new kid in the office, but it’s even more challenging when the new kid has actually been in the game longer than the majority of the class. I’ve transferred from an office in which the newest staff had been there no less than 3 years, to an office where the senior staff [owners not included] are just approaching their 1-year mark. Hmmmm.
Let’s just say, it’s different here. There is a copious amount of room for growth here, and I’m confident I can relay some of the things I learned coming from the office of an area developer. Fingers crossed.
With day 1 out of the way, I was ready for some relaxation and good company. Good thing, because Joe and I met up with our new church’s pastor and his wife [Ron & Debbie]. They had invited us to dinner to get to know us a little better, and I couldn’t be happier that we went. It is because of them that Joe and I discovered Eckert’s, which is a farmer’s market/orchard/country restaurant. It’s pretty amazing. They’ve got deep fried biscuits, which I’ve never seen or tasted, but in their defense, I’m glad I did. Not the healthiest thing I’ve ever eaten, but de-licious. ![]() |
| eckert's | fried biscuits |
Oh, and high five for a four-day work week. J Back to it tomorrow!
xo | cmd

No comments:
Post a Comment