Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Poor D90 :(

sad broken d90
So remember when I, like the mindless fool I so often am, left my camera in Phoenix?
Well, Kalyn shipped it back to me, and I got it today.

Good news: I got it.
Bad news: It's looked better. Much better.

Good news: My lense is completely fine.
Bad news: The LCD screen on the body is shattered, and the card door is broken off.

Good news: Kalyn put insurance on it.
Bad news: The shipping crew that handles USPS is apparently shady as all get out. Lame.

Basically, I got the camera back, with body and lense wrapped and taped separately in the same box. The little card door was wrapped up with the lense, and, when talking with Kalyn, I learned that she hadn't taped anything. Such shadiness. Sad, sad, sad. Thank goodness for insurance; it's a waiting game, now.


In an act of divine consolation, it was my luck that weather was just a bit too extreme to take a toddler to sit outside at a softball game. Sydni and I laid low at home for the evening while daddy went off to play, and I quickly found that those few hours with her cheered me up and made my broken camera seem like such a small issue.

couch potato
Now, taking it one step further, I'll say now that it's a rare occasion that Sydni will ever sit still with me, let alone remain there long enough to fall asleep. Tonight I was treated with not only a good half hour of conscious cuddling, but my little bean fell asleep in my lap, wearing her socks and shoes out of which she refused to get, and holding tight to the beloved blankie. I don't care how bad my day is; I've got my family, and that's all it takes sometimes.

Shhhh ;)

Night night, world....

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment