Sunday, February 21, 2016

Saturday Shenanigans: Nash Bach Style

Saturday morning in Nashville, in a [gorgeous] rented house you're sharing with nine other women:

Yoga.
Coffee.
Breakfast.
A Barrage of Planning.
More Yoga.
More Coffee.
More Breakfast.
I was never in a sorority in college, nor did I ever spend time living in close quarters with more than 3 other women at a time for an extended period of time. The closest I think I ever came was sharing a bus and hotel rooms with other soccer girls, but when there's no practices, diet regulating and ice baths to top it off, it's a totally different experience. I'll admit I'm totally out of my element here, but I don't dislike it. It's a fun change of pace, and I found out today that I really appreciate it and them. 

The afternoon portion of our Saturday was dedicated to a Country Swagger dance class at Studio Goddess in Nashville. SG is cute little watering hole [dance studio] for weekend bachelorette parties to congregate and attempt to absorb basic choreography. 

And they give you champagne, just in case you need some fizzy courage to egg you into doing it. 
.... like so!
[back] kelsey. jess. jess. maddie. kara
[front] layla. dalia. britt. cori. kalyn
Okay, okay, okay. We, as a group are probably not in line to be the next slam dunk backup crew, but we didn't do half bad for whatever stunted focus we had on what our instructor was trying to show us. We're not awesome dancers, and that's ok. 

We are however, apt to nail a good pyramid at any given moment. Maybe not the first time... obviously.. but when we get it, we're good! 
hahahaha
Ladies, you're a riot. 
Dance class ended, so we made our way a few blocks down to Jackalope, a tap room that looked like The Eagle in Cincinnati blended with every other rustic-esque bar I saw in Phoenix. 
those 2 darling sisters!
We grabbed our brews from the bar and found ourselves a cubby spot on the stairs outside. Cheeeers to you, Britt!!
and the other sister! 
cheers to you, b!
random asics picture.. team tennis shoes here.. 
Before we left, we obliged a photo opportunity from a pretty wall on the other side of Jackalope, in the only way we knew how... 
layla. cori. kalyn. kelsey.
handstand practice
Back at the homestead, we tested Brittany's guessing abilities, something that I will never again underestimate! We each bought Britt a pair of underwear, and when it came down to guessing who purchased what, she was 6 for 10, and guessed the first 3 in a row correctly. Nailed it, B! 
brittany, the queen of guessing! 
And then.... came the prep for our second and final night out to celebrate Britt's final soiree as a single gal. 
had to snag some with this girl.. love you, kp! 
And the night out! 
the bridal party, minus mandy
kara. britt. dalia.
philippines & mexico here as the "brown girls" hahah
It wasn't as wild as last night, but it was just as late when we returned to our little house on Holley. Layla had the excellent idea before we left to do before & after mugshots, and I'm so glad she did - they came out great! 

Tomorrow we head back home, but not before what I'm sure will be a few more surprises and a little more laughing. For now, gooood night! 

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment