So what'd we do today?
..... yeahhh....
This is going to get way out of control if I don't do some planning. Even then, I have this feeling that we'll still manage to walk out with some extra stuff when the time comes to actually swipe the card.
We went in today with a strict, mutual understanding that today was for idea-gathering only.
Wish list trip it was! And for the record, today's entry, much like but very much moreso than 90% of the others I scribe on here, are purposed mainly for my own convenient recall later on.
We have a designated guest bedroom that we'll need decorated.
![]() |
| i'll take it. thanks. |
^ I'll just go ahead take one of those, if you wanna bag it on up, Ikea... you and your forever-endless pre-fabbed rooms that flow exactly the way we all want them to.... it's like ya'll do this for a living or something. Sheesh.
There's an entry way space that's just big enough for this guy:
![]() |
| bench time! |
^ At least the disheveled pillows, barrage of price tags and fake foliage detract from whatever full potential this display could've had [just kidding, they don't really affect my vision of it.. dangit!]; this is literally the perfect size for the entry.
ERMAGERSH! [NotEvenIfITried,] MY KITCHEN WILL LOOK LIKE GORDON RAMSEY'S:
![]() |
| most definitely need one....hundred or so. |
^ "Because she'll literally be able to organize everything, from her kitchen utensils, hairbrushes, power tools, tennis rackets and all of her lofty and unrealistic aspirations to de-clutter north america entirely!" - The Ikea Home Team's methodology behind these $3 demons.
Nostalgia Alert! I worked at Journey's for a long time and THEY had these!:
![]() |
| .................. ? |
^ Ok, but seriously. I'm reviewing my photo roll for the first time since I took these pictures earlier today and I'm laughing at this. Cori, you would never seriously use this thing. Stop it.
More practically, setting up the office:
![]() |
| matching is important |
^ I've committed to at least matching the furniture that goes together in each room; it's not been a huge priority up to this point, but I get to play house for real now, and we need something practical, simple but still somewhat aesthetically-fit. Oh, and something that won't cost us an organ to purchase. Seems like a good idea.. right? Maybe? The jury's still out.
We'll need lamps & carpets, right?:
![]() |
| and apparently, when i'm in ikea, I forget completely how to frame an object entirely in the camera screen. macro, much? |
^ Probably... so why not get the lamp that charges your cell phone and the carpet that will envelope you up to your ankles when you walk on it? Go big or don't go at all, I guess.
This!:
| cinnaaaaaa..... *drool |
^ Le sigh. I didn't buy one of these while we were there today, but it.... was.... close....
And I do not need this, just like I really don't need the rest of this stuff... but hey, this is the WISH LIST, right?!
And I do not need this, just like I really don't need the rest of this stuff... but hey, this is the WISH LIST, right?!
WALL. PAINTINGS.:
![]() |
| ♫ iiiiiiiii can show you the wooooooorld... ♪♫ |
^ Pshhhhyeah right.. I'm all for making that on my own; my social circle and family would smack me if I ever bought that already made like that. That's vinyl canvas [or something like it, flush, not actual individual boards, fyi]. Sorry, Ikea. No offense intended. I'm sure that's looking dapper in someone else's house, but I may just have to hack that. Thanks☺.
Lastly, for the day's review,
Outdoor idea!:
![]() |
| hrmmm... |
^ Kinda. Now that I'm reviewing my photo roll , I'm not sure I really like it as much as I thought I did when I was standing rightontopofittakingthispicture [again, Cori, would it have killed you to back. up?!]. We may keep shopping on this one.
One thing I did learn today: Ikea's so much more enjoyable when you know you're not going to spend anything, wait in line or battle the sidewalk loading zone with one of those two-handled carts that you dragged in zig-zag lines for an hour through the self-service warehouse and check out lines while balancing the 257 miscellaneous items individually piled atop the big boxed items you bought... because Ikea does not provide bags, but you forget that every. single. time.
We left empty-handed, aside from this photo roll of miscellaneous ideas for that not-so-far-off trip to actually buy the stuff. We compensated by stopping at Target for some staple items and bought those along with a couple of these:
![]() |
| the bones, not the dogs, fyi. |
^ Stella was appreciative, I think. ♥
Is it weird that Ikea was not a garish experience today? Probably.
Is it dangerous that Ikea was not a garish experience today? YES.
Is it dangerous that Ikea was not a garish experience today? YES.
.... Now I'm convinced to go back soon, because "It really wasn't that bad!"
Oy. We'll see ;)
Home establishment in progress!
Ciao!
xo | cmd









No comments:
Post a Comment