Thursday, December 12, 2013

See Ya Next Year, FACEBOOK

In the least first-worldy way I can find to say this, I took a step today and removed Facebook from my palette of available social media. I've always moderately wondered why some of my friends have bid it adieu and whether it's a statement of something or just a realization that Facebook & the rest of our social media outlets don't have to rule us.

I'll be the first to say I go through roller coaster spurts of Facebook usage. Sometimes I'm on it every day, others I won't do a thing on it for weeks. Today I decided to just cut it out for a little while. I did this originally in a moment of irritation over something unrelated to FB, but hey, it's not like I just sawed off one of my arms. It's Facebook, for pity's sake, not a limb or organ.

So yeah. Blogging it is for now, along with some Instagram if I really feel spunky over the next few weeks. Call it something of a social experiment on my part, too. I wonder what I'll miss over the next 3 weeks that I won't find out about until the new year when I've figured I'll stop boycotting. Whoooo knows....
farewell for now!
Anyway, now that I've wasted three paragraphs on the fundamentals of Facebook account deactivation, today was otherwise a day that I'll happily dismiss. Just. One of those days, ya know? I've had worse, oh yes, but today and I really just didn't me
et eye to eye and I think we're both ready for about a week's worth of space [ehhh? eehhhhh??? See what I did th-... nevermind].

Tonight = More Christmas present creation. I'm happy to report that I finished all EIGHT sets of coasters I planned to finish before the time came to gift them. I also knocked out a couple of other gift sets, and am aiming at the end of next week for some finality to the whole shebang. Woo!

AND, in the midst of my fickle mood and situational idiocracy of today, I must remind myself that this is about to be the BEST [fingers crossed] ending to a year that I've had in a LONG time. There are some very big things and changes quickly approaching that, while requiring copious amounts of preparation and work, will be new, exciting and the product of thorough planning. Once everything finds its stone mark, I'll share more... for now, I'm just idling in that pre-elation phase of prayer, gratitude and continued configuration of all the little details.

*Sigh. Tomorrow's FRIIIIIIIDAY, and buddy, I can't freakin' wait.
Maybe I'll post that status on Facebo- ... oh wait. (:

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment