Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas Video Blitz

The day after Christmas is slow in my line of work. Elisa was off today, which left just me in the office along with Dave & Nancy on and off throughout the day. I honestly didn't mind the lull; I'm still a little spent from the past couple days and the road trip back yesterday.

I picked Sydni up after work, and we headed out to run some errands before heading back to the house. Rob showed up with Sasha a short while after that, and we settled in for the night. Really, it's been a whirlwind of a week so far; it doesn't look like that's going to stop anytime in the next seven days, but I'm embracing it. We sat together after dinner tonight as Sydni watched The Croods and watched some videos that came out earlier this year. I thought I'd share some of it, since it's stuff that in the midst of crazy busy holidays reminds me of the simple [& sometimes very complex] beauty around us.

1. This video of twins just moments after birth. I am so fascinated with new life that when I first say this, I had to watch it several times just to satsify my awe of it all. This. [like the other videos] is beautiful.

2. A video from the Mimi Foundation. After watching my cousin, along with a few friends wage and overcome their own battles with cancer, this melted me. I wonder what kind of courage I would have if I had to walk in their shoes. I applaud them.

3. This video went viral earlier this year; it's a couple of guys whose mission consisted simply of making the less fortunate feel... loved. Nothing in return, just loved. This is the kind of human compassion that the world needs to keep functioning. On a small scale in our own community or on a global scale, it matters, and it makes a difference.

I could go on and on, but there really are too many to list here. I'm glad we're winding down tonight and filling the brief space between Christmas celebrations with some inspirational people like these.

I hope you have all enjoyed your Christmases and are staying safe & well moving into the new year!!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment