Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Monday: I am Dead.

I already don't know how I'm going to handle this week.

I feel like I'm on another planet today. I'm not sure how today came and went, but I do know that my mind.. my body.. my heart and my soul wee not wholly present there in that office today.

[Oh, this is post-dated, btw]

Monday started without me today, and ended while I struggled against myself to get my feet on the ground. I don't know if it's just because I'm in day 1 back to real life after a week of being a 2 hour hike's distance from Heaven's front door, but I'm in a daze.

I couldn't today. I just couldn't. The drum of the phones and the usual blur of Monday activity did nothing to phase or move me. I felt as though I was in a bubble, that, whenever I closed my eyes for a minute, would project this moment into my brain, almost as clear as it was five days ago on Wednesday last week:

That is Elena. That is Elena in my arm, and me in hers. That's me, bawling uncontrollably into her hair as she shed tears into the front of my shirt. That's Marissa in the middle, ugly crying just like I was. And Zobeida, with Selina in the yellow dress. Rita and Adilsa are on the right outside of this picture, but in that moment, the emotion there was more than I could've handled on my own. Elena, Selina and Adilsa accepted Christ into their lives on the last day we spent in Suiche. This was that moment. This was the physical transition from the old to the new, in a moment that we had thought impossible barely an hour before this.

Work seemed so menial today. I... just... couldn't.
Not to mention the fact that I stayed up way too late last night, memorizing the pictures and generally not sleeping. The fog of the day stayed put until I got home, where the last drops of adrenaline from the previous week dripped away and I fell asleep on contact with the couch.

At around... 5:30 pm.
And slept for 14 hours.

So yeah.
[Take me back.....]

*Sigh.

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment