Well sometimes that gets me in over my head. That usually happens when I think of something that sounds phenomenal, but I mentally fast forward to the finished product without necessarily weighing all the legwork that will be involved.
For example: Wedding *stuff*
![]() |
| ribbon x200. |
I should've learned my lesson when I made 200 window invitations and mailed them off. Apparently I didn't, or I did and just forgot. I'm realizing this as I now find myself hidden behind a coffee table stacked almost a foot high all across with two different colors of cardstock divided into three separate sizes. My paper cutter and printer paid for themselves about 30 times during this process. There is first the front and back. Then there is the matting on the inside of each of those. Then, there is the actual printed part that goes on the matting.
After cutting, next is the design and actual printing of four different layouts for each of the printed sections.
*Print........ 800 times.
Of course I also failed to take into account just how these things would be assembled. I decided on ribbon. That meant dividing [cutting] ribbon for each program.
*Cut away..... x200.
![]() |
| cardstock |
So here I am tonight, glue stick in hand, attempting mass production in nearly the most old-fashioned sense possible. In a way it's sort of a challenge for me: one-[wo]man mass production is not something to be taken lightly, especially by a woman with a 2-year old who is simply dying to put her touchy toddler fingers all over eeeeeverything. In my more practical moments, I wonder what I was thinking, and wish Kalyn was here so I could push half of this off on her ;) . Just kidding.
Good news is: I'm over halfway done. I swear we won't have to hand out pieces of the program. :)
Wish me luck! This project is definitely a beast that won't go quietly.
xo | cmd


No comments:
Post a Comment