Now, as an adult, I admittedly didn't attend Wednesday nights nearly as often as I should have. I have my reasons, but none of them hold up to the fact that I should've made arrangements and been there.
| mark 2:1-12 | Jesus heals a paralytic |
But, that's the beautiful thing about God- He knows our hearts and He'll welcome us back, anytime.
That being said, we've made a habit out of walking to church on Wednesdays here, and, in the span of two months, we've solidified our membership here and gained some early trust and respect from our church leaders. Pastor Ron asked Joe to lead Wednesday night study in his absence. They're still on vacation, so Joe was happy to accept. We're blessed that they would ask!
Anyway, Joe's message was on Mark 2:1-12, the documentation of Jesus healing a paralytic man. We discussed the human emotional, societal influence, and sheer devotion of the men in that story and paralleled them with the same factors of the world around us today. Pretty interesting stuff. If you want any footnotes from the study, I'm all resource for you. :)
![]() |
| fifth third | the elusive atm |
So after church, we went home, where I remembered that I have a check from my mother which I had forgotten to cash. Our dilemma right now is that we are still banked with Fifth Third, but the nearest location to us is a half hour out in St. Louis. *Sigh. I don't know what came over me, but I felt compelled, at 8:45 at night, to drive to St. Louis in search of an ATM. I had no idea that the functioning ones would be so hard to come by. Long story short, after a short tour of Washington University in St. Louis [beautiful, by the way; I entirely plan on visiting again during business hours], I finally hunted down my third 5/3 ATM, which didn't try to steal my card and was not labeled out of service. Amen.
It's almost midnight, and I'm just getting home.
Good stinkin' night.
xo | cmd


No comments:
Post a Comment