Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pillows

Somewhere back when I was about 3, I caught a case of the DIY [Do It Yourself] bug and as of now, it's still here. I think my first major undertaking was when I started designing those little seed beed safety pins (come on, pretend like you don't know what those were), and a passion for creativity blossomed from there. I remember entering kindergarten believing that I would make a killing off those things, because hey, the lemonade had been a smash hit that summer. These things lasted a lot longer than lemonade.

originally uploaded by obstinatepursuit | seed bead safety pins
That was my thinking, at least. :)

shirt design | easy enough...

Over the years, I found myself attempting to create or re-create everything from my own haircuts to dress designs to screenprints. Some attempts were gratifying successes; others proved to be valued learning experiences. Along the way, as with every budding DIY'er, I found certain niches that worked for me, and I've been running with those and a few others here and there.

pillow patches

One of my favorite things as a DIY'er is to take a break from creating my own designs and find concepts I know I could develop on my own. Today was one of those days when I ran across two that I found at the Galleria. I thought they were simple enough, and that type of design that has plenty of room for open alteration and conformation to any style. I couldn't imagine paying the price listed for these, so what better way to own them than to make them myself. Once this wedding business is said and done, I'll get down to it.

I'm on a quest today... new design inspirations.
I'll keep ya'll posted :p.

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment