Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, DAD!!

my dad ♥
Today's my dad's birthday. He's the best there is, so I have to wish him the best birthday, ever. :)
I love you, Dad. Happy birthday!! [[These dots are for you!]]
-- Which reminds me, it's been just about forever since I saw an actual Dippin' Dots store, so today I paid a visit and walked away with a tiny cup of tongue-freezers, aka dots. I firmly believe in holding a quota of 3 spoonfuls of those things, because anything more will turn your tongue into an icecube. Good, nonetheless :)

Anyway, to honor my dad and the fun of our family, my parents drove here from Ohio to visit for the weekend. It's the first time they've been able to visit us here in IL, so we are quite ready for the next two days.

Tonight, we took them to Eckert's, since obviously they've never been. They loved it, which was expected. Joe got his fix of fried biscuits, Sydni got to color on the tables and shove a shopping cart all around the Eckerts market, and my parents got a taste of Eckert's peach wine [yummm].

Mom & I went over some of the wedding stuff, which I really really wish I could post here, but that would totally ruin that little element of surprise. I'll just say that my sister is a master craftswoman, and her creative genius is going to be a solid addition to the big day. I'm excited!

Tomorrow, we plan to take Mom & Dad to St. Louis; they've never seen the arch, so that should be a good time. We've already had a long evening, so good night, for now!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment