Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bible Study Breakfast :)

I have yet to meet anyone who works a standard work week who doesn't love Fridays.

For me, Fridays mean tying up loose ends of work that began Monday or had carried over from the week before, processing payroll, interviews, weekly check-ins, and making nothing short of 100 phone calls. [*sighhhhhhh]. It means sleeping in on Saturday in preparation for completely spontaneous days of chasing my daughter around with my husband and loving that time as a family. It means gathering for church on Sunday, and winding down those last few hours knowing that it all flew by too quickly and the work week is sneaking back up on me.

Friday this week also means Koinonia, which is a Greek word [no, you go look it up! :p ] that to me, is my small group every other Friday at the home of our wonderful pastor and his wife. This is something that I'm quickly growing to love more and more each time we go. Our small group consists of an incredible group of people with equally impressive input on issues that are real and relevant to us as a group, as individuals, couples, and parents. In just the short time we've been attending, I see God working, in real time, on the lives sitting next to us on the couch or floor, and in ours, too. [[It's sensational what our God can do if you just ask!]]

Oh, and we're [Southern] Baptists, so that means we have 3 general priorities when we get together:

blackberry+cherry pie

1. Serve our Lord, and submit praise for everything He is and for all that He does.
2. Serve each other & community : We're equipped to do it!
3. Serve ourselves .... some food.
... Yeah, I said it. If you know anything about Baptists, then you know that a large part of our fellowship efforts usually include nothing less than organizing a committee to decide who's bringing what food and how much. Koinonia is no different: this week the theme was breakfast foods.

Last night [because I get home at 5:30 and the thing starts at 6], I crafted one of these little guys: it's a favorite of mine that was passed down to me from my mother, whose cooking talents are downright heavenly.

As always, tonight was filled with discussion and input all around the room. I have so much respect for this group, and I am so, so thankful that we have the opportunity to do this each week.

Friday's done.
Bring it on, weekend.

xo | cmd 

No comments:

Post a Comment