Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Indianapolis | Reds Opener | April FOOLS!

So.... Rob and I awoke this morning to an EMPTY parking spot where our RENTAL car had been sitting the night before. Thanks, a lot, Cincinnati police.

You know what else?
HAPPY

!!!
Yeah, we didn't get towed. Not even close. We actually got an early start out since it was opening day for the Reds and downtown Cincinnati goes completely insane by 11am. We didn't feel like getting caught in street closures and all that jazz, so we made a break for it before the madness ensued.

That being said, .... LET'S GO REDS!!!!!

let's go redlegs!!!!
Once we were out of Cincinnati, we made a pit stop in Indianapolis for lunch and a couple of other things. I ran across this sign, and had to share, because I find myself constantly being the sole witness to weird stuff like this. I mentioned before that Indianapolis reminds me now of an excerpt from District 12 of The Hunger Games, so this just served to justify my conclusion. What. A. Weirdo. Place.

ok? sure thing, indy.

We're HOME now, with the evening still wide open. We stopped at the house long enough to let Stella out, then stuff her into the truck so we could return the rental car. We did that, made a quick pitstop at Target for some dinner food [which is sitting idle in the fridge as we speak; our tired tails just ordered in... don't judge, heh]. We laughed, because Rob had drawn some sunlight for us on the inside of the windshield on our way to Cincy and had forgotten to scrub it off before we hit the rental car place... lol, woops.

oh, sunny dayyyy! (:
Stella had started to take on the smell of dirt, since all she does outside is barrel roll down the yard every chance she gets. With Rob's help, we hoisted her into the bathtub and gave that poor girl a doggie shower. She hated every second of it, but I can safely say she's not a completely different color. Note to self: I need to do this more often. Haha. Next step is cutting down those bag lady claws she has. We'll get there. 

our beautiful stella pittie, so fresh & clean!

It feels so good to be home. Plus, we've now got a 4-day week ;) I don't mind that... at... all (:

G'Nite, Blogbots!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment