Monday, April 29, 2013

Box Trucks are Great For IKEA

Curse you, IKEA!

Just kidding. I actually love Ikea. The part I hate is that I, like everyone else who shops there, always over-buy.. and it's always a bunch of "cool stuff" I don't really need.

What I realized today is that it's waaaay more fun to go there and shop for stuff someone else needs. Rob and I decided that since we had the box truck already, it would be a pity to drive it back to Illinois completely empty. Since he'd had his eye on a few things the last time we came to Ikea, it only made sense to collect everything he needed in one trip, while we were guaranteed the space to transport it.

☑ king sized bed frame
☑ glass topped dresser
☑ tv stand
warehouse pickin'!! (:
It really didn't take us long at all to go through and identify everything we would need to pull out in the warehouse. We wound up with a cart full of boxes, which we'll surely get to assembly sometime in the next two weeks. I owe Rob bigtime for all his help in getting me moved, so I figured lending some of my super-awesome ninja skills in assembling furniture is the very least I can do ;) 
new furniture? = succes at ikea.
It's funny how the ratio of available space versus what you need to carry shifts when you have a BOX TRUCK to work with, as opposed to my car. Obviously we wouldn't have dreamed of stuffing all of that into my car, but with the truck, it looked like a tiny pile of toothpicks scattered on a table top. It's really not that funny, but just sort of struck me as quirky, especially given the fact that the whole thing was packed to the brim on the way up.

Fast forward again, to our road trip back to Illinois. Our first stop was at my house to clear out some of the things to donate [yeah, we're putting this box truck to WORK]. From there, it was a drop at Goodwill and then the road to Granite. We unloaded everything from the truck, chatted with Kelly and Mike for a bit, and then turned tail right back to Fairview to drop off the rental truck for good.

That brings us to now, sleeping at the house for the last time tonight... on the floor, no less... haha.. Oh well, I don't hate it.

This move is slowly coming along... we'll get there!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment