Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Little Dirt & A Little Love (:

Question: Can you really go wrong with breakfast at The Egg & I??
Answer: No.

That being said, that's where we headed for some good grub before getting the rest of the day started. The weather has finally started to show some real improvement [although with living in the midwest, we very well could've seen a hailstorm by day's end and wouldn't have really been all that surprised.....].

With our bellies full, we were off to run some errands and take the day one step at a time. I love our days of blank agendas; we never seem to plan more than an hour out but always end up having the best time. Today was no different. (:

First stop: Dropping my poor, insanely wobbly car off at O'Brien Tire. Mike works there, so it was a no-brainer. The entire right side of the Altima was off alignment so badly that in the last week, it's been more like driving a massage chair from Sharper Image than a vehicle. On the bright side, we got it in before it did any real damage, and I've had a week's worth of free massages on every commute I've had in the last five days. Always a silver lining to dropping $350 on unexpected car repairs.

thank you, mike!!
Next Stop: Finding ramps for Rob's truck, for the loading and unloading of the new bike and whatever else he should ever decide to haul around. Let me tell you, this endeavor sounded a lot easier to accomplish than it proved to be. Long story short, it took us three stops total, almost two hours and much deliberation before we landed at Harbor Freight and walked out with the ramps he needed. Sidenote: if you ever find yourself needing ramps like this, don't go to Wal-Mart. Ever.

comparing ... & comparing some more.... & researching.... ;)
We finally got the ramps and headed back to the house; Rob got the bike loaded up with no issues and I got Stella into her harness. Kyle had called before our ramp-hunting expedition began, wondering if we wanted to take a trip out for some offroad fun [.... yessss, duh? ]. That became our plan for the afternoon.

ready!
We met up with Kyle, hitched his trailor + bike up to the truck, and made our way out 270 and hit the dirt roads where the flood had wiped out all development back in the early 90's, save for the leftover concrete slabs and the remnants of careless visitors over the past 15+years or so. The boys wasted no time getting wheels on the ground; Stella and I stayed back by the truck and played in the woods, the field and on the bank of an old pond. She.. had... a blast [as I write this, I'm fairly certain she's snoring on the living room floor]. Happy pup! (:
playtime with stellapittie!
Not a bad Saturday, at ALL (:

seven sushi + edamame
+ boyfriend + relaxing
= happy me. ♥
We stopped back by O'Brien on the way into IL to get my car; I headed straight home & Rob dropped Kyle off before heading down. Once we were showered up and both spent from a good day, we opted out of cooking and instead for some sushi. Another great call, and a great way to end a great day [say NO to tuna tatacos!] (:

= Seven. = Delicious.

*YAWN*
It's been a great day. Rob's headed back out tomorrow with some of his friends for another round of wheeling, and I plan on hanging out here to get some of this stuff done around the house. This is turning into an awesome weekend - let's see if tomorrow can hold up its end ;)

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment