Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spoiled Girl. Handy Boy. Crazy Pup.

This whole Monday thing needs to stop repeating itself. I'm not opposed to the actual day itself, but I'm definitely not a fan of all that it brings with it off of the weekend lapse. Tonya was out sick today [feel better!!], so we ran a man short for the day. Thankfully, Marc & Diana are back from ILC [with greetings from 1663, aw ♥], so that at least eased the regular ache of Monday. 

*Unrelated note to self: Remind Ali that we planned on getting massages two Mondays ago, which has yet to happen. Let's make that happen, soonish... yeah?*
  
Anyway, today was day one of leaving Stella at home for the entire day. I quarantined her in my room like I've done for shorter periods over the last couple of days, and thankfully she did just fine. She's a champ (: As a reward, we took the early part of the evening to play in the backyard. I may or may not have put the D90 to work for a few minutes as she romped around the yard. 
stella the pit... aka #stellapittie
She ran and ran, and ran around some more, before we finally brought it in for the evening. Rob came by after work and much to my surprise practically made a beeline to the kitchen and started right in on DINNER. Gosh, I'm a spoiled girl. (: Excuse the cornball mash-up, but I found these two completely separate shots and figured I'd create an applicable blend of sorts.
yep. true story ♥
Not saying that guys are typically bad chefs, because really they aren't, but if I'm being honest I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by my boyfriend's culinary skill. Seriously! I think I was more surprised by the impromptu delving into my kitchen than anything else; it occurred to me tonight that this is the first time he's done dinner.. solo. Haha. We just hit a new level.... and soooomeone else wanted to be a part of it....

"can i have just one little bite???"
Aw. (: 

Oh, and let me just say she's been barking a bit over the past few days; I'm sure it's a huge adjustment to her coming out cramped quarters with a family including a couple small kids and another dog to my house: unnecessarily spacious and quiet for the most part, especially when it's completely void of Sydni or other rare company. We're getting better, though, and tonight Rob laid down the law with a rolled up newspaper. Not only did I snag a good chef, I found a dog whisperer. Haha. I feel spoiled! :p Seriously, though... lucky me (:

Well, he's nerdin' away at COD and I'm nerdin' away at some other edits and ... this blog.. and Stella's finally settled down some. It's proved to be a pretty good day and not an awful start to the week, either. 

Let's try this again tomorrow... 

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment