Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TOMS Tuesday

As far as work is concerned, this week has been an absolute whirlwind, and it's only Tuesday. *WHEW. I'm not sad to see this day laid to rest, but at the same time I'm reminded of how thankful I am to even have a job over which I can whine sometimes. I'm blessed, and not by my own earning, either.. I know that (:

The TOMS Spring catalog was in my mailbox when I got home. It took me about 30 seconds to dive right in; I'm pretty certain I won't be ordering much out of the actual catalog, but that only means that I'll soon be making a run to Peace by Piece over in Belleville [love.that.place]. I know it's so "trendy" now, but I really don't care, I'm still a huge fan of TOMS and since they're comfortable too, I'm still gonna wear them... haha.

It reminded me of this past summer; Sydni and I went all over the place clad with the famous little blue and white flag. She loved them just as much as I did, and I would be lying if I said she won't have another pair for this summer. Plus, when it comes to TOMS, the smaller they are, the cuter they seem to be. Go figure.
toms toms toms toms!
When I finally came to my senses after closing the last page of the TOMS book, I took care of some miscellaneous things, played with Stella, and got started on dinner. I was in the mood for chicken, so I made with it on some spiced orange marmelade drumsticks and pan-fried zucchini & squash. I realized tonight how therapeutic cooking can be for me, especially after a day like today. Plus, it's really not that hard once you get into it, and I've always preferred eating at home as opposed to eating out. 
yum (:
No complaints so far on the food; we're settling in for the night and relaxing. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an early one since we've both had a long start to the week. I really miss Sydni today.... I can't wait to see her.

Maybe... I'll be surprising her with some new TOMS the next time I do.. ;)

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment