September 1, 2009:
September 1, 2012:
I don't even have words. I'm trying to come to terms with "that feeling" that all the other moms told me I would have when one day I start realizing that my little one is growing into her own. Granted, she's only three, I still have what are very fresh memories of everything from speed-labor [another story for another day], to nursing, to first teeth, to first and second birthday, first steps, everything else that was in between, and now, to the big 3. It's very hard to believe. Happy birthday, to the little girl who captivated my heart even when we swore the doctors were wrong and that we would have a boy. I understood there was a reason then that I would have a little girl first, and I am as always amazed by the gift that she is. YES, there are those days when flowery poems about her excellence are about the last thing I want to verse [potty training, temper tantrums, bed-time refusals, bold disobedience and the forever battle of eating vegetables], but in the grand scheme of things I am beyond blessed with a healthy, happy little girl who has changed my life in ways I couldn't have imagined.
But enough of the fruit and flowers.. let's get down to celebrating, yeah??!
DUH.
My parents were able to make the trip in for the long weekend, and so were a part of the birthday bash we threw for Sydni at Vetta Sports here locally. We decided to partner up with another family in our church, whose little boy turns 4 in a couple of weeks, to do a "dual" party of sorts. So it was the Goble family and ours, along with all of Sydni & Jacob's little buddies that invaded Vetta for an hour and made to it with bounce houses, soccer, pizza and of course SUGAR [because honestly what is a kid[[x2]] birthday party without cake and/or cupcakes?!] We had a blast, and so did the mini's.
| birthday kiddos! |
I'm not even sure where the rest of the day went; we were done with all party festivities by 2:45, but it felt like 6pm by that point and for all I know, all of us came home and crashed for a few hours before dinner. That's the way a birthday should be when you're 3. Haha. We're wild, I know.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYDNI [& JACOB] !!!
xo | cmd


No comments:
Post a Comment