I spent the majority of my evening tackling some dirty laundry and doing some minor repairs to a few pieces of jewelry I've been neglecting for way too long. As my audio-visual soundtrack, I opted for some coverage of the Crossfit games, then the women's national team [soccer] match-up against Australia.
This reminds me how dastardly stagnant I've been in my workout efforts. It's been a few weeks, literally, since I've been over to Gold's, a lackadaisical string for which I really have no good excuse other than the easily-refutable one involving work and parenting... and
all that.
I used some much-needed inspiration from
The Voice over the last two weeks to dig some into my vocal side, and after tonight, I'm reminded that I need to start being a little more intentional about sanctioning off some fit time.
Consider it done.
 |
crossfit | marcus hendren
lol.. went with this one bc i'm from ohio and that's
how we do it.. in the country... in ohio. |
First of all, it's a terribly small world sometimes. Haha. As I was watching the Crossfit games, there was one little bio segment on Marcus Hendren that I nearly overlooked until I thought I recognized some of the background from his "home life" clips. I dismissed that too, until he said he was from Johnstown, OH. [Aw! Mini shouts to Jen & Laney, my two obviously
favorite natives of J-Town... ♥]. My cousin Jeremy coaches at a CF in PA, and I know a few other people who've adopted the CF lifestyle. [
No, I don't know Marcus Hendren] Pretty random, either way.
And pretty BEAST, too. I wouldn't cut it for 10 minutes on the circuits they run. Not anymore anyway.
I don't think I like that feeling.
Hrm. [Food for thought].
Anyway, once Crossfit was done, it was on to the US v. Aussie game.
 |
| remember them?? oh man.. i'm getting old. :( |
I've been impressed so far with the womens' post-Olympic victory tour, but tonight was the last game for coach Pia Sundhage. It makes me feel old realizing that I've even just
watched her coach for the last several years. I still remember when Mia Hamm finally hung her boots up and I remember when Brianna Scurry left. I remember watching Abby Wambach play years ago, and after watching her snag a couple more goals tonight, I'm fairly certain I'll make sure Sydni has clips of her legacy to watch one day too. That doesn't even count Hope Solo & Alex Morgan. *Sigh.
 |
solo. morgan. wambach
a true definition of women empowered. :) |
The US bounced back from a 2-1 trail to win it 6-2 over the Aussies. By far a great game to watch. I think I could live vicariously through the womens' national team for a very long time. That would be fine, right? ;)
It's midweek already - hard to believe.
Oh, and I'm in the midst of dress shopping for Friesy's wedding. Talk about first world stressers. Haha.
It's a good week so far. I hope yours is going well, too!
[Anyone wanna go for a little jog? No? Ok, well first thing tomorrow then.]
xo |
cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment