Meanwhile, in
CINCINNATI ....
 |
| "dren & cegg" | a classic |
Meet Catie: I'm sure you've already met her before, but just in case... meet Catie. I love this girl because she is one of the most candid, hilarious people I think I've ever met. I love to laugh, but hangin' with this lady will put me in tears. Or peeing my pants, depending on the severity of our laughing bouts. It's totally true, and I'm fine to admit that. Haha.
 |
| where it all started.. that blasted clearchannel job.... |
Anyway, Catie and I took an afternoon stroll downtown; she took me over to
The Banks, a new development that has replaced the previously useless plot of dirt situated between the two stadiums. It's beautiful! There's a park, a string of restaurants, some shops, and even a Christian Moerlein brewery/taphouse. Oh, and if you didn't notice, there were plent of randomly-strewn Kiss107 signs, everywhere. That's significant only because that's where I met Catie in the first place, a debachle of a job that only those who've survived escape will ever
truly understand. Trust me, that much is unanimous. Haha.
 |
| froyo @ orange leaf! |
They've got an
Orange Leaf downtown now, too! I'm a huge fan of froyo, and so is Cegg, so we made a stop off to test out the pumpkin spice froyo [REC-O-MMEND!!!]. At the self-serve toppings line, we were faced with a pit of
choco rocks. Neither of us knew what they were, so naturally
one lone little rock made its way into my yogurt to hang out with the cherries, almonds and boba. FACT: I'm not a fan of choco rocks. Just sayin'.
 |
| blues blues blues | michelle's wedding reception! |
The culminating reason I came over here in the first place this weekend was to see Michelle get married! The time was finally heeeeere :). Joe and I trekked over to a beautiful Catholic church in Cincinnati to be witness to Michelle and Mark tying the knot, then on to
The Newport Syndicate in the heart of Newport, KY for an absolutely GORGEOUS reception. We had to leave a few minutes early, but it was a dazzling affair, complete with a live band, delicious food, and a table full of ex-Clearchannel employees with whom I was able to re-connect. Hilarious.
 |
| me with the drop-dead-gorgeous bride, my amazing friend, michelle |
I'm so excited we were able to be a part of Michelle & Mark's beautiful day. I can't wait to see honeymoon pictures!
Tomorrow = church at New Harmony, lunch & a maternity [photo]shoot with the Prescotts, and then the solo drive back to IL. *Yawn.
G'Nite!
xo | cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment