Friday, August 31, 2012

Four Day Weekend Begin!

We got a ridiculously early start for not having to be out the door by 7am.

rain rain...
Kyle came by to pick up Tessa early this morning, but not before we'd already done baths, dressing, and some light toy clean-up to get the day moving. I decided to tackle some last minute cleaning before Syd and I packed up for the short trek to the airport. Nana & Pappy are here, safe & sound! We picked them up from Lambert just before 10 and brought the whole party back home. Since then, we've made it to the grocery store, Target, and a couple other pit stops. Mom went straight to the kitchen [shocking, I know] and laid down some of her crazy culinary skill. Yayyyy, parents! Haha...

Oh, and it's been raining off-and-on all day. We've been taking advantage of the short dry pockets throughout the day, retreating back under shelter when the drops start falling again. Since rain has been such a foreign thing around here for the past few months, the only complaint I have for all this precip is that it scheduled itself for the weekend my parents are here. Selfishly said, I know. We've made the best of it though, even if it is a bit damp out there.
playtime with nana & pappy! 
Dad called me out at one point to check out the new mailbox decoration. I think it's a good look - certainly unique, and probably in violation of some sort of law. Just my guess. Haha.

mailbox topper!
It's almost dinner time. Joe gets back tonight, too. Sydni & Jacob's birthday party is tomorrow.

In other words: Weekend, we're a-comin' for ya. :) 

xo | cmd



No comments:

Post a Comment