Wednesday, November 12, 2014

#WCW : Go, Mare, GO!

Whoever actually reads these blog entries of mine knows of this girl named Marianne.

Well, Marianne is currently in Italy, living out her calling to love people in the missions field. She happens to be the first person I've ever identified with on a level that says it's okay to get matching tattoos, spur of the moment. She's genuine, bold, brash, hilarious and honest. She's an incredible friend, and an imperfectly evolving human being, transparent about the roads she's traveled and the unchecked boxes on her life's to-do list.

On my way to work today, I started praying for my pending commitment to the missions arena in Panama, and my mind fell on some of the people in my life who have recently - or in this case, currently - serving out their purposes in missions. I thought of and prayed for Becky, whose Habitat trip last year to Nepal brought her back with a whole new set of experiences, and then Marianne, who is now in Italy.

As I drove and prayed, I started to turn the page in my mind from Mare to the next person, when I looked up from my position at a stop light, and saw a street sign with her last name.
marianne on 11/4 when she left the u.s.
& today, this random street sign.. 
So here's to you, on this #WCW, Mare! While I clearly don't mean that in a creepy or inappropriate way, I absolutely DO salute your commitment, your courage and above all, your journey. You're an incredible human and an even better friend.

Here's to you, and the rest of our mission force: LOVE you, friend!

[Sorry, I'd stay and elaborate more, but fortunately for all of you blogbots, it's time to head out for dinner with Rob's work family... steakhouse time!]

Love & Honor, friends,

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment