Sunday, March 18, 2012

Playdates Are For Kids AND Moms

Now that Joe's in Spain for the next week [and yes, he made it safely!], this was the first of two Sundays Sydni and I had flying solo. Amazingly enough, we made it out the door and into the church parking lot by 8:45, which I honestly don't think has happened yet. It was a typical Sunday morning: amazing service surrounded by my church family inside a building basked in beautiful sunshine.

Lara and I made our announcement about our 2012 Towerview Relay for Life team, and are praying for faithful involvement in any capacity from our church family. If you've not yet registered, please do!

You can do that by clicking the Logo Below :).

towerview baptist | relay for life 2012!
captain: cori dills | co-captain: lara babot
 [[If you have any questions about how to get registered, how you can participate, or how the whole thing works, please feel free to contact either Lara Babot or me, and we'll be more than happy to get you started!!]]

It was no surprise that we found ourselves all crunched together at a big table for lunch following church; it's so often a tradition. It was a busy day at the restaurant with the Gobles, Babots, Pages, Wernes, Woods, and one of Alex's soccer players and her boyfriend. I love that we are getting close with each other and developing relationships outside of just the pews, and I look forward to some variety of impromptu outing at least once a week. Our church family is the best, not that anyone's keeping track :).

We had just enough time to squeeze in a quick nap once we were home - and by we, I mean, Sydni, while I took care of some around-the-house things that needed attention. It wasn't long before we were back in the car, dessert in hand, on our way to the Gobles for dinner. Lara and Landon met us there; Alex was working. Tom had limited time to spend with us before heading to the church business meeting, so when it all boiled down, it was just Jackie, Lara and I, plus the kids. It's not very often I have a chance for adult bonding time in closer proximity than small group or Sunday school, so it was a refreshing change of pace to have that, while the kids entertained themselves in the backyard. Plus, Tom & Jackie went above and beyond to grill some chicken just for me, in lieu of the fact that their deliciously-scented potroast would've likely killed me on contact [booooo]. They are so thoughtful!

sydni @ the gobles

*Sidenote: only after we got home did I learn that Landon had informed Lara that Sydni was drinking bubble juice. Haha. Okay, so maybe the kids had a little too much fun. The good news is, it must've been a very minimal amount, because we've yet to see a side effect! *Phewwww.

This was the absolute perfect way to end the week. It's going to be an interest week without Joe here, but we'll get through it and will make the best from our own devices, I'm sure. :)

I am truly, deeply, undeservedly blessed.
Here we go, Monday!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment