I remember [very clearly] the days of sitting at my desk, wondering nearly aloud how in the world I would ever survive my job on a long-term basis. It was my first real job out of college, and it was one of the most....
unique ... experiences of my life. I'll sum it up by saying simply that I learned a
lot over those two years about what type of work I really loved, what I didn't love, and that the life to which I'd become accustomed to was actually
not rational... or justified... or really even normal, for that matter. That was excellent news for me, considering I wasn't sure that my sanity would withstand that job for much longer than I spent there. Hah. It was an absolute God thing: the timing, the specific situation, and the introduction to the job I have now, with a company purposed to helping people, as opposed to soliticing them for money they don't have for a product they essentially don't need. It's a beautiful feeling, absolutely!!
 |
my first express family | cinci east, 1663!
cori. deb. chris. brandi. jess | circa christmas 2010
miss you guys :) |
I additionally believe that a large part of enjoying any job is built around the people with whom you interact on a daily, hourly, consistent basis. Since I started with Express, even back in Cincinnati [hi, 1663!! ♥], I realized that coworkers and bosses as a whole concept are not in fact evil deities employed to complicate my life. I no longer loathed office jobs; in fact I found myself developing a quick and genuine sense of endearment for my job, my company, my coworkers, and my bosses. Work became fluid and fruitfully productive [whaaat??], and for the first time ever, I was proud to say I worked for my company, instead of timid and robotic, like before. Haha.
 |
| yay, nancy! happy 1-yr expressaversary! here's to many more ;) |
Alllll that being said, I now find myself surrounded by all women and one gentleman in an office that drives me up one wall and down the other at least once a week, but I love it. Even since I transferred in, there've been change after change, slowly but surely pushing us in a forward direction. Today in particular marked the 1-year Expressaversary for the only SC who predates my merging with this office. Congratulations, Nancy!! You definitely have an accomplishment under your belt! We celebrated with some balloons, congratulatory signs, and a gooey butter cake, compliment of Diana. Not a bad way to celebrate, that's for sure :)
 |
shoe envy! itty bitty beauties for
a little lady with a huge heart: meagan! |
Oh, and because I work with some of the trendiest gals this side of the river, I couldn't help myself last night when I made a pitstop off at Target. My original intention was to exchange a damaged item I'd bought last week, but I must've blacked out momentarily; when I came to, I had plucked up an impassible pair of cork wedges on clearance, and another equally-adorable pair of pumps in a much smaller, much more Meagan-appropriate size. I couldn't help it; I figured that even though they were clearly too small for my collection, someone needed to own them! I'm still suffering from mild shoe envy, but hey, she sported them today once I gave them to her, and from that I'm satisfied. Hah.
My coworkers are the best. :) It's definitely gonna be a great year.
Happy mid-week to you, and all of
YOUR coworkers!!
xo |
cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment