Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Express Eats

It dawned on me today that I've been surrounding myself for the majority of my life with people who like to eat. It's a pretty frank concept, but either way, I can't recall a time during which I ever preferred the company of food-shy friends or family.

So, naturally, I would find myself working alongside bosses who, prior to their Express ventures, had delved into the entrepreneurship of owning an Italian restaurant. My colleague who doubles as my knitting resource is forever trying to fatten us with baked goods that are out of this world, and my other office mate is from the south; As a former resident of Alabama, I can vouch that southerners can cook.

EREGO:

Every other Wednesday, our office dedicates our normal lunch hour to what we call a Lunch & Learn, during which we chow down and discuss ways to operate more efficiently, productively, and proactively.

We've experimented with a variety of different settings, agendas, and exercises, but one constant we've noticed is that the best ideas surface when they're drawn out by food.

To say that the way to our productivity is often through edible bribes is probably true.

Hello hashbrown bake, artichoke bread, cheesecake squares, Asian coleslaw, and two chickens. Note also the very festive, very matching table decorations provided by the First Lady of our office, Diana.

You can't go wrong on an Express buffet day.

I told you this week was gonna be pretty good.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of it!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment