Yesterday, she was 1.
Today, she's driving.
Tomorrow, college.
I know I'm not the first mother to say this, but for the sake of saying it anyway: I can't believe how quickly time is soaring right on by. It was two years ago today, when I woke up at 6:45 in the morning thinking that the day was going to be the day that we had a baby. I was right. The memory is still vivid: Joe's mom and sister came to keep me company, and just as Kalyn showed up with brand new, itty bitty [then puppy] Cayenne, it was time to go.
Twenty minutes later, there we were, trying to catch up with what had just happened, as I held our daughter for the first time. It was the rush job of the century, I felt, and it's not slowed down since. While I can still feel the fear of thinking I was going to have a baby in the passenger seat of the car, I somehow don't remember the sensation of frustration that came with the sleepless nights or relentlessly crying infant. I have no recollection, really, of the constant chore of nursing or pumping, and cleaning bottle after bottle after bottle. I know those things happened, but they seem so distant. And now, she's 2. Incredible.
We're gearing up for the real birthday photo shoot, which will be taking place a little bit later on in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to keep those pictures posted.
Happy birthday, to the most amazing daughter I could've imagined.We love you so very much, and can't wait to see what this next year holds.
xo | cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment