Friday, September 9, 2011

Blessed Are The Focused

[an excerpt from today's entry by Max Lucado]:

Each of you has recieved a gift to use to serve others. - 1 Peter 4:10
** There is only so much sand in the hourglass. Who gets it? You know what I'm talking about, don't you?.... "The PTA needs a new treasurer. With your background and experience and talent and wisdom and love for kids and degree in accounting, YOU are the perfect one for the job!".... It's a tug-of-war, and you are the rope.
"Blessed are the meek," Jesus said. The word meek does not mean weak. It means focused. It is a word used to describe a domesticated stallion. Power under control....
Blessed are those who recognize their God-given responsibilities. Blessed are those who acknowledge that there is only one God and have quit applying for his position. Blessed are those who  know what on earth they are on earth to do and set themselves about the business of doing it.
- In the Eye of the Storm

--------------------------------------------

I am built to serve others.
Am I serving others?
No?
Why not? 

It's not my job to know why God's words sometimes hit me harder than they do other times, but it is my job to react. I've had an ongoing itch that's been compelling me to do something more, for more than just myself. Just something I've been thinking about today, and I felt like I should share....


xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment